Integrity UnitThe establishment of Integrity Unit is to ensure the civil servants have a high degree of practice on a superior working culture and ethics. Integrity Unit is instructed to prevent illegal corruption and breaches of the organization ethics among the civil servants.
Integrity Unit serves as the focal point for the management regarding on integrity issues in Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC). This unit is responsible for implementing the six (6) core functions as follows:
- Governance (Tadbir Urus)
Ensure the best governance implemented;
- Strengthening Integrity (Pengukuhan Integriti)
Ensure acculturation, institutional and implementation of integrity within the organization;
- Detection and Confirmation (Pengesanan dan Penilaian)
Identify and verify the complaints of criminal misconduct and violations of the code of conducts and ethics of the organization and ensure that appropriate actions are taken; and
Report criminal misconduct to law enforcement agencies responsible;
- Complaints Management (Pengurusan Aduan)
Receive and take action on information on criminal misconduct and violations of the code of conduct & ethics of the organization;
- Compliance (Pematuhan)
Ensure compliance with laws and regulations;
- Disciplinary (Tatatertib)
Implement the functions of the secretariat of the Disciplinary Board.
- To recommend the improvement in the rules and procedures of working in National Anti-Corruption Committee (JAR) meetings and the meetings of the Cabinet Special Committee on Anti-Corruption (JKKMAR).
- To report necessary issue to National Anti-Corruption Committee (JAR) meetings and the meetings of the Cabinet Special Committee on Anti-Corruption (JKKMAR).
- To implement programs related to cultural and integrity based on the Organizational Anti-Corruption Plan (OACP) 2020 – 2025 and Strengthening of the Public Service Integrity (PIPA) through collaboration with The Malaysian Institute of Integrity (IIM) and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) among the staffs of MOTAC.
- To plan and prepare appropriate modules/lessons of integrity courses in workshops/ seminars/ talks and briefings.
Detection and Confirmation
- To conduct an investigation about the complaints involving in misconduct.
- To detect and verify criminal misconduct or violation of organization ethics and to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- To take action on complaints/ information received about the misconduct or violation of the organization ethics.
- To report the criminal misconduct to the responsible enforcement agencies.
- To obey laws and regulations in force in collaboration with the Internal Audit Unit and MOTAC legal advisor.
- To conduct and review inspectorate compliance with relevance to States Offices/ Divisions/ Departments/ Agencies under MOTAC.
- To perform the secretarial functions of the Disciplinary Board in accordance to conducting disciplinary procedure.
- To provide advisory services on discipline to the department/ agency.
Take action on complaints received about integrity:
- To issue an acknowledgement of the complaint made within three (3) working days.
- To ensure the complaint to be conducted within 30 working days after receiving the receipt.
Settle the disciplinary case within 6 month from the date of the completed information is obtained.
Last updated :