Requirements To All Travelers Entering Malaysia From OverseasThe Government of Malaysia has set specific requirements to all travelers (citizens and non-citizens) entering Malaysia in accordance with the implementation of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) as follows:
1. All travelers are required to download, activate and register the MySejahtera application before entering Malaysia. The link is as given: https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my/
2. All travelers are required to submit the COVID-19 PCR test results upon arrival at the Malaysian International Point of Entry (PoE).
- COVID-19 PCR test must be conducted three (3) days or less before arrival.
- The results of this COVID-19 PCR test must be submitted to the health department in the form of a certified laboratory result or a medical report issued by a qualified medical practitioner. The test result must be in English or Bahasa Malaysia.
- If no valid COVID-19 PCR test result or report are available, travelers are required to undergo the Rapid Test Kit for Antigen (RTK-Ag) test at the Malaysian PoE.
- A fee of RM120.00 (non-citizen) and RM60.00 (Malaysian citizen) will be charged for this RTK-Ag test at the PoE. The effective date of this regulation is June 29, 2020 at the prescribed rate.
3. Travelers are subjected to quarantine orders.
- The Home Surveillance Order (HSO) will be given for 14 days period and they will also be given a wristband.
- Travelers will be allowed to be quarantine at their own house or hotel accommodation.
- Failure to comply with this directive, the offender will be subjected to a two (2) years imprisonment or fined.
TABLE FI FOR THE COVID-19 TEST
[Regulation 3 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Fees for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Detection Test) Regulations 2020]
* Payment through cash or card (debit/credit) using Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) only.
Last updated :